If you are a person who uses your email address for work or if you share important documents using your email account then it is safe to say that the words “Your account was hacked” will completely throw you off your game. Even the most popular email service provider and Yahoo is one of the most popular, is susceptible to security threats. This article will give you a general overview of what you can do to recover your Yahoo account in case it is hacked. You can also call the Yahoo Mail contact number and consult an experienced email expert to learn more about the security features on Yahoo Mail.
Steps to Recover a Hacked Yahoo Account
When you realize your account is hacked, the very first thing you need to do is change your email password. Creating a strong password reduces the risk of hackers accessing your Yahoo account. You can refer to the steps given below to recover your Yahoo account and change the password.
- Step 1: Open the Yahoo homepage on your computer’s web browser.
- Step 2: Click the ‘Sign In’ option located in near the top-right corner.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Trouble signing in’ option and follow the link.
- Step 4: Enter the recovery email/number linked to your Yahoo account.
- Step 5: Click ‘Continue’ and select a method to receive the verification code.
- Step 6: Check your phone or the alternate email to look for the account code.
- Step 7: Type in the 8-character verification code and click ‘Verify.’
- Step 8: Select the account you want to recover and change the password.
- Step 9: You can also enable two-step verification as an added level of security.
To create a strong password, you need to make sure it is at least 12 characters, and you should try and include numbers as well as special characters. It also helps to use a different password for each account you use.
Tips for Safe Email Experience on Yahoo Mail
Apart from resetting your email password, you can also refer to the suggestions mentioned below to keep your account secure:
- Do not install any software from an unverified source.
- Sign out whenever you access Yahoo from a public computer.
- Do not click on any links in an email from an unknown sender.
- Regularly review your account activity and check for any unusual logins.
Apart from the steps mentioned in this article, you can also visit the Yahoo Safety Center online and check for additional security updates. If you need more information feel free to call the Yahoo Mail customer support number and ask for additional technical assistance. A team of professional email experts is available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you advanced security solutions to help protect your account from hackers.